Sedna is a free native XML database which provides a full range of core database services - persistent storage, ACID transactions, security, indices, hot backup.
Flexible XML processing facilities include W3C XQuery implementation, tight integration of XQuery with full-text search facilities and a node-level update language.
- Available for free in open source form under Apache License 2.0
- Native XML database system implemented in C/C++
- Support for W3C XQuery language validated by
W3C XQuery Test Suite
- Full-text search indices (native or based on dtSearch) »
- Support for a declarative node-level update language »
- Support for ACID transactions
- Support for fine-grained XML triggers »
- Incremental hot backup »
- Indices (based on B-tree) »
- Support for Unicode (utf8)
- SQL connection from XQuery »
- XQuery external functions implemented in C »
- Database security (users, roles and privileges) »
The following drivers are available from the download page:
- API for Java/C/PHP/Python/Ruby/Perl/Delphi/C# and more
- XQJ and XML:DB drivers for Java
- Module for Integration with Apache HTTP server
If you want to report a bug, use the bug tracker system.
If you need help, read firstly
FAQ and Sedna Documentation. If you still need support or simply want to receive the latest news about Sedna and exchange information, join the Sedna mailing list.
For convenience Gmane interface for the discussion list is available to post or read previously posted messages.
And lastly, you can contact us directly: email@example.com